By colbert on January 5, 2014
Happy New Year 2014 to all…it’s been a great week.
1. As we write this post, the price of bitcoin has risen to USD 919 (MYR 3020) and it has broken the latest resistance around USD 876.
2. Our founder, Colbert Low has been featured on Wall Street Journal, The Malaysian Insider and Coindesk after the Malaysia Central Bank (Bank Negara Malaysia ) issued a short statement about Bitcoin. Please note that Bank Negara did not outlaw the usage of bitcoin, or state that bitcoin was illegal. So this will not hinder the usage or demand of bitcoin and other alt coins (Peercoin, Litecoin) in Malaysia.
3. We have also started a Group Buy #2 for Viper Scrypt 25Mhs Miner. (only 35 slots)
Update links on the Bank Negara Malaysia / Central Bank news:
MSN Malaysia – http://news.malaysia.msn.com/tmi/bitcoin-risky-not-recognised-in-country-warns-bank-negara
The Guardian UK – http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jan/06/malaysian-central-bank-warns-against-bitcoin
The Edge Malaysia – http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/in-the-edge-financial-daily-today/270033-bnm-warns-on-bitcoin-risks.html
Malaysia Sun – http://www.malaysiasun.com/index.php/sid/219483087/scat/48cba686fe041718
ImaginaryMarkets – http://imaginarymarkets.com/malaysia-holds-on-bitcoin/
Wall Street Journal – http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303640604579298421040674870
The Malaysian Insider – http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/business/article/bitcoin-risky-not-recognised-in-country-warns-bank-negara
Coindesk – http://www.coindesk.com/malaysian-central-bank-no-plans-regulate-bitcoin/
1. Trade Bitcoins at Coinhako (instant)
2. Trade Bitcoins at LBC (slower)
2. Blockchain Consultation
Trezor Bitcoin Hardware Wallet.
Coinhako - Buy and Sell Bitcoins in Malaysia