WORD OF THE WEEK: BlockChain.
A blockchain is a public ledger of all Bitcoin transactions that have ever been executed. It is constantly growing as ‘completed’ blocks are added to it with a new set of recordings. The blocks are added to the blockchain in a linear, chronological order. Each node (computer connected to the Bitcoin network using a client that performs the task of validating and relaying transactions) gets a copy of the blockchain, which gets downloaded automatically upon joining the Bitcoin network. The blockchain has complete information about the addresses and their balances right from the genesis block to the most recently completed block.
- Thanks for the big support. We have garnered over 1600 ezine subscribers and I have big plans for Bitcoinmalaysia.com. Will keepyou guys posted as I finalized the various proposals. Drop me an email if you have one too – [email protected]
- We’ve been having some whales dropping by BitX Malaysia (bitcoin exchange) this month. Over 25 bitcoins (about MYR 25K) were traded on 6 March 2015 (that’s a single day!). Thank you for the awesome support.Register now at https://bitx.co/market
- We have recently kicked out 2 persons from our Malaysia Telegram chat groups as they were running scams and other dubious schemes. The public is reminded to be mindful of schemes that promise high returns in a short period of time. There’s no such thing as a free lunch and I, myself have scars to prove it.
- Telebit at http://www.telebit.org is giving out free bits (250 bits or 0.00025000 bitcoin) to new users. It’s a bitcoin wallet that works on top of the Telegram chat app and it even denominates the pricing in MYR! Grab it before they run out of free bits.
- The price of bitcoin should rise steadily this year as the impending BitLicences in New York will be coming out soon. Coupled this with the Bitcoin Investment Trust (BIT) listing in the coming weeks, this augurs well for investors and speculators. [ http://www.wsj.com/articles/bitcoin-investment-trust-gets-finras-ok-to-become-public-bitcoin-fund-1425242094 ]